Mgr II- Accounting
- Manages the activities of the accounting and compliance functions.
- Provides direction and evaluates financial and accounting activities within all accounting disciplines to ensure accuracy, integrity and compliance through internal controls and segregation of duties.
- Maintains accounting policies in order to provide specific direction towards accomplishing business unit objectives.
- Provides effective communication to all levels of the business area and Sector.
- Provides training, coaching, counseling and technical guidance to department personnel.
- Acts as an advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and objectives and/or to resolve technical problems.
- Prepares performance appraisals of department personnel. Reviews and approves recommendations for salary increases, promotions, upgrades, and any necessary disciplinary actions.
- Prepares and monitors performance against a department budget.
- Maintains procedures and internal control systems to safeguard assets and implements company accounting policies ensuring compliance with International Accounting Standards (IAS), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and the Internal Revenue Code (IRC).
- Ensures adequate internal controls, validating these controls in accordance with the BAE Financial Accounting Policies (FAP). Evaluates processes and policies in accordance with BAE Operational Assurance Statements and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Reviews and analyzes financial data to ensure accuracy and compliance with company and industry standards.
- Ensures consistency between all internal accounting operations as well as with those of other business units.
- Works as key liaison with the Secor to ensure compliance with senior level directives.
- Works closely with Sector level accounting personnel in order to meet guidelines and standards set forth from the parent company.
- Primary contact for Business Area to all other Sector entities regarding accounting matters.
- Interacts with multiple business areas within the Sector as it relates to financial issues.
- Demonstrates newly acquired skills and keeps abreast of pertinent changes in accounting field.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top