Mgr I- Medical Svcs
BAE Systems is looking for a Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP) to provide Occupational Medicine (OM) services for our York Pennsylvania facility. The scope of OM includes treatment and rehabilitation of work-related injuries, return-to-work programs, compliance with government and regulatory needs including OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993), ADA (Americas with Disabilities Act), as well as implementation of onsite training and educational programs, among the many and varied other services offered.
Clinical responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performing all relevant OSHA-related and armament-defense related compliance physicals;
- Performing pre-placement, Return to Work (RTW) and fitness for duty physical examinations;
- Evaluating RTW and transitional duty issues for employees working with plant supervision;
- Attending to all work related injuries and illnesses, workers compensation claims and onsite incidences;
- Functioning independently to perform appropriate history and physical of employees;
- Prescribing appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities;
- Facilitating the client's transition within and between healthcare settings, e.g. orthopedic, surgical, pulmonary and other doctor referrals;
- Ordering appropriate laboratory, imaging and other tests;
- Interpreting various diagnostic and lab results relative to the patients' specific needs;
- Reviewing medical records and prepare summary reports;
- Collaborating with multi-disciplinary providers to ensure appropriate employee care;
- Case management implementing BAE Systems comprehensive Medical Evaluation and Injury Care Case Management Standard;
- Maintaining with SHE (Safety Health and Environmental) all current OSHA logs and other relevant data;
- Monitoring absenteeism data;
- Recording the numbers of physical examinations, injury care, return-to-work and other encounters at facility;
- Assisting in implementing and furthering wellness programs for the company.
- Working with employees, vendors, families and providers to further these goals.
- Ensuring completion and documentation of appropriate core measures and quality indicators.
- Keeping up-to-date on relevant medical research, technology, and related issues by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Maintaining appropriate licenses and certifications.
- Adhering to healthcare policies and procedures based on appropriate guidelines that are specific to the clinic.
- Ensuring adequate materials are available at location in order to treat patients appropriately.
- Organizing and maintaining records, log books, medication tracking sheets and operational logs.
- Conducting daily and weekly inventories.
- Evaluating all equipment on site to determine inventory, maintenance and adequacy.
- Developing maintenance schedule for all professional equipment.
- BAE Systems Policy and Protocol Support in areas including:
- Respirator protection program
- Department of transportation (DOT) physicals
- Cadmium exposure
- Lead exposure
- Hexavalent chromate exposure
- Hazmat periodic evaluations
- Fitness for duty
- Mobile equipment operator
- Injury protocols
- Return-to-work and transitional duty
- Medical evaluation standard
- Volatile organic compounds (VOC) standards
- Blood-borne pathogen
- Reproductive protection
- Automated defibrillator (AED)
- Maintain paper and electronic medical records
- Implement and maintain computer based occupational medicine records and logs
- Educational and Outreach Programming
- Providing patient and employee education
- Educating workforce on workplace hazards and exposure
- Meeting with various physicians and other professionals to discuss BAE Systems protocols and needs
- Speaking at various events including public schools, colleges, and hospitals regarding BAE Systems
- Working with union leaders regarding medical issues, protocols and programs
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Keeping track of medications through inventory and wasting
- Monitoring all records and log books at the beginning and end of each clinic day
- Ensuring all appropriate patient documents are obtained and completed properly
- Corresponding with the specialist(s) and their staff to address any concerns and recommendations
- Ensuring all yearly immunizations and vaccinations are completed as required
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top