Mgr I- Facilities Eng
Plant Engineering Manager for the operation and maintenance of infrastructure and services supporting company’s electronic manufacturing factories, office headquarters and micro-electronics center. The site includes a 510,000 square foot main facility, 110,000 square foot GaAs Micro Electronics Clean Room Facility and 34,000 square feet of leased office space at nearby 10 Tara Boulevard. The site is an 85 acre complex with approximately 20 acres of parking and roadways housing over 1,600 building occupants.
Systems and Operations include Central Chiller and Steam Plants, Air Cooled Chillers, Split DX Air Handling Systems serving a variety of clean rooms, manufacturing factories, specialty labs and a Regional Data Center meeting specified temperature and humidity requirements for multiple shifts meeting 24/7 operational requirements. Other systems include Compressed Air, Vacuum, DI Water Operations, Elevators, Fire Alarm, Electrical Distribution, Hazardous Gas Detection, Acid Exhaust and Scrubber systems
Manage and control facility operation, design, repair and maintenance for ES located facilities, including Real Estate support decisions, space allocation and layout support, engineering design and specifications support, as well as project management support for major facility expansions, purchases, leases, constructions, plant rearrangements and upgrades.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure facility, infrastructure, grounds and parking area are maintained in a safe and best possible state of repair to ensure a sustained operation 24/7/365.
2. Manage, select, supervise, counsel, train and evaluate exempt professional and non-exempt personnel in accordance with company policies.
3. Manage expense and capital budgets to ensure cost take out goals and project objectives are met.
4. Develop Request for Capital RCE budget estimates for construction, renovation and upgrade to Facilities and grounds. Review construction plans and specifications with the Facility Engineering and Procurement Departments.
5. Evaluate capabilities, qualifications, techniques and performance of Company renovation projects.
6. Provide technical assistance in the fields of Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Engineering disciplines.
7. Manage local Sustainability Initiative plans, goals and objectives, to ensure strategy
alignment with company focus.
8. Ensure compliance of all federal, state and local regulations; and in the case of SHE
regulations, ensure compliance with SHE Dept interpretations.
9. Follow all Company/Corporate Management Directives and Practices. Establish organizational policies for a major segment of the company. Interpret, execute, and recommend modifications to company-wide policies.
10. Receive limited direction and manage with significant discretion and with independent judgment in taking action and making decisions related to managing assigned department. Results are reviewed against goals.
11. Provide department interface and extensive contact with the Site Executive(s), Site Leadership, Department Managers, Lab Managers, and other key building occupant contacts. Provide leadership as site Business Continuity Coordinator and Incident Commander for scenario’s highlighted in the Emergency Response/Incident Management Plan.
12. Provide department representation for vendor and possibly regulatory agency interface as required and Landlords and Real estate agencies when specifically assigned.
13. Assist in developing Department budgets and manage department budgets.
14. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
15. Working conditions include light to medium lifting of equipment. Expect normal office environment and may work extended hours or weekends.
Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties outlined above. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers. Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents. Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations. Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule. Design and develop improvements using state-of-the-art technology, principles, theories and concepts.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top