Mgr I- Eng SW
This position requires the candidate be a supervisor to 10-15 Software Engineers while contributing technically to a program or project as a developer, architect, manager or technical subject matter expert.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical leadership through active participation in design, implementation and independent reviews of software projects.
- Develop software scope and schedule estimates for software projects.
- Be accountable for all aspects of Engineering for your discipline for the projects under your purview; Cost, Schedule, Technical and Quality.
- Provide timely staffing on programs, and proactively identify staffing levels and skill requirements.
- Support the development of technical proposals. Support architecture trades leading to a competitive offering.
- Review project Risks & Opportunities with other leads and report status to Business Area Discipline Lead as required.
- Select, train, assess, develop, retain and apply engineering staff required to achieve business objectives..
- Manage, coach and mentor staff members, provide technical and career development guidance.
- Rotate engineering staff between projects and assignments to help them develop skills and experiences to excel in their career.
- Supervise the technical work of assigned staff, and hold direct reports accountable for their work.
- Provide a safe, stimulating, engaging and positive work environment.
- Promote innovation through EMPOWER and other progressive means.
- Promote Engineering vision, mission and strategy.
- Proactively support the refinement and improvement of discipline processes and ensure proper application.
- Work with staff members to effectively instill the right level of process (tailoring).
- Involve all employees in lean and continuous improvement activities.
- Work with business area understand technology needs (roadmaps) and ensure staff awareness.
- Identify tools, IT and capital needs in support of the business.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top