Mgr I- Eng Quality
BAE Systems Austin is searching for a Quality Manager to lead the Operations Quality team responsible for implementation, oversight, and continuous improvement of the key quality systems elements including:
- Quality Management System compliance to AS9100
- Management Review
- Internal audit
- Corrective Action system
- First article inspection
- Customer sell off
- ESD and FOD system compliance
- Quality Engineering deployment into Plant Operations
The Quality Manager develops and implements program quality plans and procedures. Ensures that performance and quality products conform to established company and regulatory standards. Reviews, analyzes and reports on quality discrepancies and data related to production. Investigates problems and develops disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies. Interfaces with stakeholders to ensure requirements are met. Recommends corrective actions, dispositions, process optimization and modifications.
- Strong Cross Functional Skills
- Communication skills to work cross functionally (supply chain, manufacturing, finance, performance excellence, program management)
- Knowledge of processes/principles in manufacturing, supply chain, finance, performance excellence, and program management.
- Demonstrated Leader
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written at broad range of management and customers (Cross function, Management, Business Areas and customers when required)
- Proven history of driving actions of both oneself and others to closure.
- Willingness to learn and collaborate across multi environments from bench to management.
- Ability to take control of a disorganized team. And lead through listening and directing
- Ability to lead in a matrix, cross functional environment
- Proven Problem Solver
- Ability to work in an amorphous environment, where the path forward is not always clear and established – collaboration ability is key.
- Ability to organize multi-faceted, complex problems into simple solutions and action items.
- Demonstrated ability to drive to core causes of problems using recognized problem solving tools and techniques (9-Step, 5-Why, Fishbone)
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top