Mgr I- Eng HW
FUNCTIONS / DUTIES:
- Serves as a first line discipline supervisor for a group of mechanical engineers and design draftsmen in support of the Technology Solutions business area, developing skills and promoting career growth. The group is comprised of diverse mechanical engineers and draftsmen that collaborate with electrical engineers within the TS HW ENG department.
- Serves as Mechanical Engineering and DED first line support to the TS product lines.
- Manages resource and workload assignments within cost and schedule constraints. Supports monthly hardware execution reviews by monitoring resource, cost, schedule, and technical metrics.
- Demonstrates the leadership ability (Engineering Planning & Project Launch, Driving Technical Performance, and Risk & Opportunity Management) to understand and oversee the relevant product technologies of the business area programs.
- Understands the Research process and has the ability to contribute effectively in this environment.
- Understands the Hardware Engineering Process and acts as the HW process application domain expert providing the appropriate instantiation and tailoring of process for the programs.
- Mentors staff on the generation and review of HDPs (HW Development Plans).
- Performs as Independent Assessor for IDRs, Peer Reviews, and Failure Review Board meetings.
- Interfaces with HW Leadership on initiatives and activities, as required.
- Performs research and project development work on contracted programs, as required.
- Participates in the hiring process and is responsible for developing, mentoring, counseling and evaluation performance of employees.
- Participates in program proposal development relevant to the product areas.
- Partners with the Product Lines on business strategies and program execution strategies.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as required.
- Responsible for the work product of those under your purview, assuring they are applying sound HW processes.
- Supervise the Design Drafting Group. Train DED staff on new CAD and Drafting processes. Ensure drafting data is created and delivered according to BAE Systems and customer specifications. Apportion work and determine the best drafting techniques to be used. Improve internal drafting processes.
- Contributes to expense and Capital planning for department budget.
- Provides input to proposal cost estimates.
- Tracks, monitors, and manages section utilization targets.
- Responsible for personnel management (PDR Assessments, Promotion Planning, HR issues, Salary Planning, etc.)
- Responsible for Career Development Plans of your employees, and providing the tools required for them to perform their tasks.
- Within Company: Ability to work and integrate with Product Lines/business areas. Ability to work with peers within HW discipline and cross-disciplines.
- Outside of Company: Contact with customers, contractors and government officials. May act as supplier technical point of contact for hardware item development.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top