Mgr I- Eng
The F-35 Pilot Subject Matter Expert (P/SME) position is located at Hill AFB, Utah. BAE Systems is interviewing now for an expected contract award and start date in December 2017.
The F-35 Pilot Subject Matter Expert will support operational mission rehearsal in/with applicable training devices. The P/SME will be the local operational focal point for technical content on existing courseware. He/She will provide input based on in-depth knowledge of Joint Technical Data (JTD), service publications, and aircraft systems that will allow accurate and consistent mission support across a broad spectrum of operational contexts.
The F-35 P/SME's responsibilities are as follows:
- Supporting military pilot currency in the Full Mission Simulator (FMS) and the Deployable Mission Rehearsal Trainer (DMRT) by providing 5th generation fighter pilot expertise and F-35 Air Vehicle and Mission System knowledge required to support military pilot training
- Operating the Instructor Operating Stations (IOS) and will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for pilot training and tactics development, emergency procedures, Instrument and NATOPs simulator events, and mission system training events
- Providing instruction and support to mission planning, pre-event briefings, and post-event debriefings to support pilot training device continuation training requirements. His/Her understanding of mission requirements and simulator capabilities will help enhance continuation training delivered to operational pilots.
- Conducting quality aircrew training device support and/or instruction, accomplishing applicable continuation and mission requirements, and adhering to published standards
- Maintaining system expertise
- Preparing briefing rooms before the scheduled lesson or aircrew training device mission, cleaning up briefing rooms, and returning them to the pre-mission condition
- Evaluating and recording aircrew training device performance, and verbally debriefing any/all errors committed
- Conducting remedial student academic or pilot training device instruction, coordinating recommended corrective action(s) and remedial training with the Lead Instructor and active duty supervisors, when required
- Supporting continuation training, mission revision, aircrew training device scenario design and programming efforts
- Reviewing monthly/quarterly flying literature, safety reports and Service publications for updated information to be incorporated into training materials
- Being available for student assistance, questions, and "sandbag" missions when not scheduled for formal academic instruction, aircrew training device instruction, or courseware development and revisions
- Providing Special Weapons and Tactics Training (SWATT) when scheduled (when on contract)
- Conducting Instrument Refresher Course instruction (if qualified and on contract)
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top