BAE Systems Platforms and Services has a current opening for a Facilities Manager to support the Combat Vehicles Business Unit in Phoenix Arizona.
Job Summary and Primary duties:
- Serves in capacity of Facilities Maintenance Manager with management/oversight responsibility for all facilities engineering and maintenance activities at the Phx, Az. facility.
- Provides direct Supervision to the facilities maintenance team. Evaluates and initiates personnel actions; evaluates and suggests staffing and training to ensure maximum utilization of personnel; ensures compliance with BAE Systems and departmental policies and procedures; assigns tasks and performs administrative duties.
- Oversees and manages all assigned Facilities Engineering and Maintenance group activities including providing input on all technical and capital planning projects. Reviews technical progress, evaluates results, and takes action as required;
- Responsible for the development and support of an annual maintenance plan including preventative and cyclical maintenance.
- Ensures that all project and maintenance activities adhere to proper safety standards, OSHA regulations, ADA compliance, environmental goals. Supports Safety/Health and Environmental goals and initiatives by working closely with Operations and the site Safety Manager.
- Ensures all systems associated with building infrastructure and manufacturing equipment is in operational readiness at all times.
- Supervises technical requirements of assigned projects including monitoring and identifying deviations in budgets, schedules, system performance, supportability, and product ability.
- Contributes to or leads the development of technical and/or management volume(s) of proposals. Coordinates with appropriate technical and support groups to ensure designs meet standards and performance requirements. Prepares reports for management and customers concerning project progress. Assists in planning of projects by evaluating requirements and developing schedules, budgets, and personnel requirements.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Facilities budget responsibility
- Negotiates internally and externally, at higher levels, and occasionally with external relationships on all items facility related.
- Has site responsibility for disaster control plans and business continuity plans supporting continuing operations
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top