The Site Environmental Manager shall develop, implement and maintain an environmental management system (EMS) that is adequate and effective to ensure that compliance obligations are met and is aligned with other business systems at the site. The EMS shall take into consideration all fiscal and business planning requirements and shall be integrated, as appropriate, throughout all levels of the business and site locations. Working within the budget planning process, the Site Environmental Manager shall ensure that appropriate resources of technical staff, legal and customer commitments, and other relevant obligations are planned and maintained. Site Environmental shall prepare and present reports to management on status of environmental program.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Development and implementation of shipyard environmental/regulatory programs including, but not limited to, stormwater, NPDES, hazardous materials/waste, wastewater treatment, air quality (Title V & NESHAP), oil handling (marine overwater transfers and SPCC), emergency planning/response, TSCA, and environmental operational controls (BMPs, plans, policies, and procedures).
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Establish training requirements for all site personnel including department staff, administration, production trades, contractors and subcontractors
- Oversee the preparation and submission of regulatory and customer reports
- Interface with customer and regulatory agencies
- Oversee environmental emergency preparedness and planning
- Develop and manage environmental department budget
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top