Mgr- Eng Sys
BAE Systems is seeking a Systems Engineering Manager to manage teams of engineers and systems administrators in the development of complex Information Systems for various DoD customers. Responsibilities include design, configuration, verification, validation, and technical leadership for the integration of hardware, software, and services into enterprise Information Technology systems. The ideal candidate will have strong team building skills in technology, with a hands-on background, and a thorough understanding of network, storage and virtual server architectures.
The selected candidate will work with the government customer to develop requirements, conduct site surveys, design solutions, mock-up, install, configure, document, and test solutions in a lab environment. Upon government acceptance, the selected candidate will support the deployment, troubleshooting, and sustainment of the fielded solution.
Major duties of the position include:
- Lead medium size project initiatives and provide technical expertise and guidance to network and systems administrators. Develop architectural diagrams of systems using standard templates to illustrate solutions to customers and technical staff.
- Translates customer requirements into hardware/software specifications.
- Communicate detailed and clear project status to government and internal leadership
- Ensure effective integration, testing, and troubleshooting of hardware and software.
- Create key documentation to properly capture, and baseline, a system.
- Interact with the government leads to ensure that all system and interface requirements are consistent and valid across the Enterprise.
- Develop, document, execute, and integrate systems engineering processes as required to enable effective systems engineering and integration efforts.
- Integrate activities over the lifecycle of systems within the Enterprise including prototyping and production, as well as operations and sustainment.
- Develop feasibility studies, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of decision making.
- Collaborate with support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. military.
- Employee performance management, merit and performance reviews, coaching, career development and placement
- Ensure effective two-way communication with the employees, I&S organization, and customers.
This position is located in Chesapeake, VA, but travel is required up to 25%.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top