This position is responsible for providing strategic communications support for the development and execution of key business campaigns/initiatives including media relations, social media and marketing activities and employee engagement support for the Combat Vehicles Amphibious & International organization within BAE Systems' Platforms & Services sector. The candidate will work with program leadership and the Communications team to develop plans to ensure timely and effective communications to promote key news, events, and activities to external and internal audiences. This individual will lead communications and marketing efforts for key strategic programs within the business including representing the company to the media, at customer events, and at trade shows in support of business goals. The candidate will also manage communications support for the functional organizations within the business.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provides strategic direction and partners with leadership at all levels on appropriate external and internal communications strategies to support business success.
- Supports Combat Vehicles Amphibious & International and Platforms & Services communications activities and campaigns; develops and executes communications plans in support of strategic business goals.
- Partners with program teams, business development teams and any other key stakeholders to build and execute strategic communications campaigns for program pursuits.
- Champions and executes positions and responses during times of change – including public communications in crises – and evaluate/revise those strategies following execution.
- Maintains relationships with news media and trains, coaches and briefs leaders when appropriate prior to engagements.
- Areas of expertise: Communications Services and Brand Management / Internal / External/ Plans, Policies, and Procedures.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top