Methods Specialist 2/Process Writer
Develop detailed Manufacturing Process Instructions, routings, visual aids, SOPs, procedures, manufacturing support documentation from engineering prints, parts lists, ECOs, schematics, wire lists, etc to be used in the manufacture of complex electro-mechanical assemblies. Provide general support to process engineers and manufacturing personnel.
1. Studies routine manufacturing operations such as wiring, mechanical assembly, harnessing, printed circuit assembly, potting, soldering, box build etc., to determine the most efficient sequence of operations to be followed to build complex electro-mechanical assemblies.
2. Examines assembly blueprints to plan the sequence of operations required to build equipment efficiently and economically.
3. Itemizes steps to be followed in the manufacturing process and develops visual aids for each assembly operation to enable production operator to build equipment without the use of engineering drawings.
4. Develops detailed routing (flow) and process sheets depicting work station layout, materials required, proper sequences and correct method of assembly, special work instructions, tooling and fixtures required, and time allowed to assemble each unit. Inputs required assembly data into the computer.
5. Uses CAD software packages to manipulate engineering drawings for clarification of procedures within processes.
6. Uses digital media to include labeled pictures for assembly modifications within processes.
7. Updates WEB-based interfaces.
8. Revises process sheets and visual aids to reflect latest engineering requirements, manufacturing techniques, methods, tooling and time standards using engineering documentation, ECOs, verbal and written communication from engineers.
9. Observes the operations being followed by production operators and initiates necessary changes to improve operation effectiveness and efficiency.
10. May instruct, assign work to and verify for completeness and accuracy of detail the work of other employees.
11. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Required education: High School/GED Requires a High School diploma or its equivalent plus up to one (1) year of specialized instruction in electro-mechanical technology and at least four (4) years of directly related experience in developing efficient and economical manufacturing processes to build electro-mechanical equipment Required Skills and Education Required education: High School/GED Requires a High School diploma or its equivalent plus up to one (1) year of specialized instruction in electro-mechanical technology and at least four (4) years of directly related experience in developing efficient and economical manufacturing processes to build electro-mechanical equipment. Must have excellent PC skills and be proficient in all Microsoft office applications. Must be experienced in reading and interpreting engineering documentation; engineering prints, parts lists, ECOs, schematics, wire lists, etc.
Must be hands-on with a strong mechanical aptitude and a demonstrated understanding of how to put things together. Requires hands-on experience developing process instructions and support documentation for the assembly of complex electro-mechanical devices, cables, chassis, subassemblies, modules, and/or systems. Extensive hands on experience in a manufacturing environment assembling complex hardware while working closely with production engineering support groups will be considered. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Preferred Skills and Education About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top