Methods Spclt 2
The Methods Specialist in this position will have full authoring responsibility for all process instruction and route card / traveler generation for a family of Microelectronics Factories, both currently in use and still being constructed. The candidate will work in conjunction with other Methods Specialists that support these factories to provide in-depth instruction utilizing text, and imported drawing features and photographs. Ability to work in an on-line software package such as Solumina or equivalent to create these documents is required. This position works side-by-side with the process engineers in each work cell to create work instructions that convey simple instructions of highly complicated assemblies to our factory workforce.
- Studies routine manufacturing operations such as mechanical assembly, substrate attach, wire, ribbon bonding, etc., to determine the most efficient sequence of operations to be followed to build complex Microelectronics assemblies.
- Examines assembly blueprints to plan the sequence of operations required to build equipment efficiently and economically.
- Itemizes steps to be followed in the manufacturing process and develops process instruction for each assembly operation to enable production operator to build assemblies without the use of engineering drawings.
- Uses CAD software packages to manipulate engineering drawings for clarification of procedures within processes.
- Uses digital media to include labeled pictures for assembly modifications within processes.
- Updates WEB-based interfaces.
- Creates route cards and work plans to include operation, location and special work instructions.
- Revises process sheets and visual aids to reflect latest engineering requirements, manufacturing techniques, methods, and tooling.
- Observes the operations being followed by production operators and initiates necessary changes to improve operation effectiveness and efficiency.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top