Medical Planning Support (18D)
Support the AWG with Medical planning support focusing on medical readiness and providing on-site medic support to small arms range events, to include the following.
- Provides medical threat briefs and pre mission medical intelligence briefs for global operations.
- Monitors medical intelligence databases and consults with unit members post deployment to update significant medical threats/trends.
- Advises deploying unit members of deployment area specific medical considerations (high risk diseases & environmental exposures) and appropriate personal protective equipment/countermeasures.
- Issues required deployment medications and/or recommended prophylaxis.
- Develops medical support contingency plans for AWG training and/or missions.
- Monitors and reports the unit medical readiness status and conducts unit level SRP’s for readiness and global deployment preparation.
- Coordinates comprehensive periodic, pre deployment and post deployment health assessment exams for AWG team members.
- Coordinates dental, hearing, vision, laboratory tests, and immunizations for unit personnel.
- Maintains clinical records, medical supplies, and medical equipment IAW AR 40-66.
- Assists with medical training for AWG team members using current Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) guidelines.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- U.S. Special Operations Force medic (18D) qualification with a minimum of 5 years working experience.
- Previous experience/competency working with the Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), Composite Health Care System (CHCS), Medical Operational Data System (MODS), Medical Protection System (MEDPROS), and Military Web-data Entry (MWDE) systems.
- Complete annual certification requirements for administering immunization through the Defense Health agency Immunization Healthcare Branch (8 hours).
- Ability to deploy and travel to various CONUS and OCONUS locations (less than 10% of the time).
- Possess and maintain an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (EMT-P) certification.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top