Mechanical Engineering Lead
BAE Systems is looking for an experienced mechanical engineer to join the internal research and development (IR&D) design team focusing on Engine Control Technology. The mechanical engineer will lead the technology group and will focus on driving technology advancements. Engine Control Technology is committed to pushing the Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC) technology to significantly reduce weight and size while increasing functionality.
The mechanical lead will help identify gaps, develop technical solutions, and solicit other ideas to achieve the overall goals. The mechanical engineering lead will establish and maintain the technology roadmap and develop detailed schedules and budgets for each technology.
The mechanical engineering lead will perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Candidates should possess strong communication skills both written and oral. Candidates should demonstrate sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred and a minimum of ten (10) years of work experience.
- Capacity and motivation for hard work,
- Experience using state-of-the-art technology, principles, tools and concepts required.
- Experience developing mechanical requirements, designs, verification and validation of products, and product integration.
- Experience with mechanical development lifecycle and development processes and procedures.
- Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities
- Working knowledge of commercial and military specifications and standards related to mechanical design and documentation.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, run-lists, and schematics.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Familiarity and experience with flight, engine or industrial controls programs.
- Familiarity with support equipment development for both engineering and manufacturing.
- Experience with research and development projects and production programs.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top