Mechanical Engineering Intern 3 (Class of 2018 Students)
To perform mechanical engineering work which is specific in nature and requires knowledge and application of basic engineering principles, theories and concepts to complete assignments under direct technical supervision. Duties may include:
1. Support the Product Design Team. Support senior engineering personnel in the design, development and selection of basic hardware components utilizing fundamental mechanical engineering principles, theories and techniques. Assigned duties may include design and development of specific packaging modules, mechanisms or components to meet specified design requirements. Receive close direction and instruction from senior engineering staff.
2. Perform Mechanical Analyses. Obtain working knowledge of company standard analysis tools. Perform basic static, dynamic and heat transfer analyses of mechanical structures. Compile data for investigation by senior mechanical engineering personnel.
3. Support Verification/Validation of Design. Support the fabrication and environmental testing of design hardware. Assist in the design and fabrication of prototype hardware. Support the environmental testing of hardware including: vibration, shock, thermal, fatigue and others as required. Document results for review by senior engineering personnel.
4. Prepare Documentation. Generate and review the technical content of drawings, engineering specifications, reports and other documentation associated with the mechanical design.
5. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required. Required Skills and Education
- Pursuing a BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, having completed three years of schooling (Class of 2018) by Summer 2017.
- GPA 3.0 or higher About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top