Mechanical Engineering Analyst
BAE Systems is looking for a Mechanical Engineering Analyst in our Hudson, NH location.
The work we do at BAE Systems matters. We create innovative technologies and solutions that give our military and commercial customers an edge. We seek strong technical engineers with passion and integrity, the ability to solve complex problems, and an interest in making a significant impact. Are you up for the challenge? It's more than a job. It's inspired work.
In this role, you will perform professional technical work which is complex in nature and requires in-depth knowledge and diversified application of mechanical engineering principles, theories, concepts, practices and techniques generally used to solve problems within a defined field of technology.
Primary duties may include:
- Perform Mechanical Analyses. Analyze mechanical components and subsystems using both common application programs and more advanced programs such as NASTRAN, Thermal Desktop and SigFit.
- Performs kinematic, dynamic, heat transfer and/or vibration analyses on one or more complex materials, structural components or functional systems. Perform trade studies and document results for presentation to senior program staff. Types of hardware analyzed will include both optomechanical assemblies and other electronics boxes and structures.
- Provide Design Input. Provide design guidance for optomechanical and other structures based on experience as well as analysis results. Inputs should take into account program technical requirements as well as program cost, schedule and technical risk appetite.
- Guide Test of Hardware. Provide input to optomechanical hardware test plans with particular focus on achieving correlation between test and analysis.
- Maintain and Continuously Improve Group Optomechanical Analysis Knowledge Base. Plan and execute process for maintaining best practices and lessons learned for optomechanical specific analysis information. Coordinate and direct the work efforts of lower level engineers and support personnel, if assigned. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments in the analysis discipline. Suggest and plan initiatives to grow capability and knowledge when needed.
- Document the Product Development. Generate, review and approve written reports supporting the design, analyses, and test of the product design including drawings, engineering specifications, and other associated documentation. Report on project status and progress measured against specific plans. Prepare design review packages and present data to both internal and external customers.
- Implement Continuous Improvement. Implement the Mechanical Design Process in work plans, and adhere to our Quality System. Provide feedback to improve the process, and work to meet engineering objectives. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments in the mechanical engineering disciplines. Ensure cost effectiveness and manufacturability of design.
- Perform Other Duties. Coordinate and direct the work efforts of lower level engineers and support personnel, if assigned. Assignments may include development of new techniques as a result of independent study, materials development and support of proposal efforts. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors Degree in related Engineering discipline and 10+ years experience.
- Experience developing mechanical requirements, designs, verification and validation of products, and product integration required.
- Experience using state-of-the-art technology, principles, tools and concepts required.
- Experience with mechanical development lifecycle and development processes and procedures required.
- Working knowledge of commercial and military specifications and standards related to mechanical design and documentation required.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, run-lists, and schematics required.
- Knowledge of tools such as CAD and FEA (thermal and structural background and experience) required.
- Some minimal leadership experience required.
- Essential functions include:
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties set forth above.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers
- Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents
- Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule
- Design and develop products and services using state of-the-art technology, principles, theories and concepts.
- SigFit experience
- Thermal Desktop Experience
- NASTRAN experience
- Siemens NX experience
- Experience correlating analysis to test for optomechanical hardware/systems
- Experience in the Defense Electronics/Optical industry
- PTC Creo experience
- ANSYS Icepak experience
- MATLAB Simulink experience
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top