Mechanical Engineer - US Navy Submarine Launcher Systems
- Middletown, RI
BAE Systems in Middletown, RI, is seeking a full-time Mechanical Engineer to be part of our technical team which supports US Navy Submarine Payload Integration and Weapon Launching Systems In Service Engineering.
The selected candidate will be directly working and interfacing with our primary customer, the Naval Undersea Warfare Center in Newport, Rhode Island.
The selected candidate will:
- Interface with U.S. Navy Submarine Launcher System Managers.
- Review ship specifications and determine if technical documents meet the applicable requirements.
- Review mechanical arrangements of U.S. Navy Submarine Launcher Systems.
- Provide technical briefings to the Technical Project Managers.
- Produce and review technical documentation such as 2D drawings, technical reports, calculation packages, PowerPoint presentations and briefs identifying technical findings of reviews and analysis.
- Work with various customers and subcontractors simultaneously to develop designs and inspect hardware to technical data packages.
- Analyze existing technical documentation and determine impacts to system/subsystem interfaces.
Required Skills and Education
Must have the following skills/experience/education:
Degree must be in an Engineering discipline, although BSME is preferred (similar degrees such as BS Aerospace or BS Ocean Engineering will be considered)
Active DoD Secret security clearance
Minimum of 4 years of related professional work experience
Excellent technical writing skills, verbal communication skills and team mentality
Ability to originate and check structural and fluid dynamic calculations
Working knowledge of engineering standards and best practices
Proficient in MS Office PowerPoint, Word and Excel to document design information
Strong attention to detail
Preferred Skills and Education
Highly desired, but not required:
Ideal candidate will have current experience with NUWC Division Newport Code 40 Payloads and Platforms
Technical support experience with U.S. Navy Submarine Weapon Launching Systems
CATIA/NX/Team center experience
Configuration Management experience
Project Management/Leadership experience
Experience with SolidWorks 3D modeling and 2D drawing creation for machine parts and assemblies
Experience with ASME and/or Military drafting practices
Experience with Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUV) a plus
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top