Mechanical Engineer - Supplier Quality Assurance
Responsible for all aspects of purchased product quality for the assigned technologies/supply base. responsibilities include supplier quality system management through both desk and on site assessments, suspect product review and disposition, engineering drawing review and approval, supplier corrective actions, and other continuous improvement initiatives. Develops, evaluates and implements strategies and tactics to ensure both short term and long term customer and business objectives are achieved. Drives supplier performance to achieve all quality and technical requirements. Works in a matrix environment with personnel from Operations, Engineering, Program Management, Finance and Contracts, among others to accomplish all of the above. Monitors supplier performance and makes presentations to leadership.
The role will focus primarily on the incoming quality of custom mechanical procurements and therefore an understanding manufacturing processes related to custom metalwork is preferred.
The candidate may be asked to perform roles in product line quality assurance or manufacturing engineering supporting the internal production line.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience in AS9100 (or similar) based quality system
- Demonstrated ability to identify and mitigate risks
- Good problem solving skills with experience in determining root cause and corrective action
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of statistical process control methods.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite
- Positive attitude working in a team environment.
- Ability to productively contribute to and at times lead cross-fucntional projects to improve processes both internal and within the supply chain.
- Self starter requiring minimal oversight
Experience in TS16949 (or similar) based quality system
Though not required, experience with APQP/PPAP would be a differentiator.
Preferred Skills and Education
Preferred degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical field.
- Proficiency in Oracle ERP Quality Modules
- Experience in Auditing Quality Systems
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Techniques such as: Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Kanban, Supplier Managed Inventories, 6S, TPS, DFT.
- Strong History of Relentless Pursuit of Continuous Improvement
- Data Driven
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top