Mechanical Engineer - Multifunctional Design
Experienced Mechanical Engineering position for a versatile candidate with strong analytical skills and a creative mind to develop and evaluate mechanical designs and solutions typically relating to military communications systems. The position requires a broad range of knowledge and the ability to quickly learn about various technical topics as new requirements arise. The selected candidate should be a very personable individual that can interface with other technical and non-technical individuals from within the company, other contractors, and Government customers.
Some example work tasks include:
-Brainstorming with a small team on a design concept or troubleshooting issue
-Develop 3D vehicle and integration systems models
-Design mechanical systems related to the integration of communications systems in
ground-based vehicles, UAVs, mobile facilities, fixed facilities, and small marine crafts.
-Design various control and/or power systems.
-Analyze mobile platforms for aircraft transport loading
-Perform finite element analysis (FEA) on various parts (may include structural, thermal,
-Research products and new technologies that meet may apply to customer requirements
-Troubleshoot various mechanical related issues for customers
This position is located in scenic and historic Southern Maryland in the St. Mary's County Technology Corridor adjacent to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station.
There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to St. Mary's County, Maryland or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related degree) from accredited college and 3-5 years of technical experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related degree) from accredited college and 3-5 years of technical experience
- Minimum of 1 year acting in a lead role coordinating a technical project
- 3D CAD modeling (at an intermediate to expert level)
- Leadership skills and ability to delegate and track responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Technical knowledge and experience in multiple of the following "system" subject areas: power, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, network, fabrication, control, radio frequency system design, audio visual systems engineering.
- Highly organized and motivated
- Capable of multitasking and managing priorities
- Able to systematically work through complex problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
-Ability to develop concise technical presentations and documents
-Familiarity with preparing and conducting testing and recording results
-Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with Military Standards (MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-1472, MIL-HDBK-470, DOD-HDBK-743, MIL-DTL-31000, MIL-HDBK-454, etc)
- Experience with commercial standards (IPC, National Electric Code, SAE, NFPA, DOT, etc)
- Experience with government procurement and contracts
- Software: Solidworks, VISIO, AutoCAD, Solidworks Electrical
- Active security clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top