Mechanical Engineer III
BAE Systems, one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, is hiring a Mechanical Engineer III at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant in Kingsport, TN. The individual selected will be responsible for mechanical engineering and technical tasks for various modernization programs. This work includes estimating, planning, analysis, design, and engineering inputs into the design, construction, and maintenance of chemical plant facilities. The Mechanical Engineer III also provides technical oversight during the actual field installation of equipment and construction.
The position requires a high degree of technical competence regarding the broad application of mechanical engineering principles to the development of new capabilities and/or solutions to customers' challenging modernization problems.
Performs one or more of the following mechanical engineering functions:
- Work with multi-discipline engineering team to perform plant and project engineering.
- Create engineering estimates, select construction materials and methods; write specifications; supervise and prepare mechanical drawings; control cost; and manage work to meet project schedules.
- Perform mechanical engineering analyses for: piping systems; hydraulic systems: pumping systems; HVAC systems; equipment/machinery design and layout; process cooling and heating systems; storage tank design, inspection and repair.
- Conduct inspections of existing facilities such as buildings, equipment, and pipelines to determine the integrity and safety.
- Make recommendations concerning any needed modifications.
- Develop estimates, plans, and schedules for the construction phase of projects ensuring that materials, equipment, and personnel will be available to meet project schedules.
- Ensure that work is performed in accordance with plans, specifications, and good construction practices and within cost during the execution phase.
- Consider safety in all aspects of work and design.
BAE Systems helps protect those who protect us. At our R&D and manufacturing facility at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant, we do this by developing safer energetic materials for our government and commercial customers. HAAP has provided high quality explosives for our soldiers since WWII and will continue to push the frontier of energetic material synthesis and manufacturing with your help. Learn more about this area of our business at www.baesystems.com/OSIjobs.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top