Mechanical Engineer II
BAE Systems is seeking a Mechanical Engineer II to work in our Nashua, NH location.
Do you want to be part of a team creating cutting edge, disruptive technologies that enable our military systems to protect our warfighters on land, at sea and in the air? This is the mission of BAE Systems: "We protect those who protect us." Are you a leader who will take on that challenge?
BAE Systems offers competitive pay, benefits, and important work-life balance initiatives including every other Friday Off, Flextime, and Telecommuting. BAE also believes in a culture of recognition for the extraordinary contributions of our skilled employees.
1. Support Product Design. Provide Mechanical Engineering support to the design, development and selection of basic hardware components utilizing fundamental mechanical engineering principles, theories and techniques. Assigned duties may include design and development of specific packaging modules, mechanisms or components to meet specified design requirements. May receive direction from senior engineering staff, and also may be responsible to provide direction to drafting.
2. Perform Mechanical Analyses. Obtain working knowledge of company standard analysis tools. Perform basic static, dynamic and heat transfer analyses of mechanical structures. Compile data for investigation by senior mechanical engineering personnel.
3. Support Verification/Validation of Design. Support the fabrication and environmental testing of design hardware. Assist in the design and fabrication of prototype hardware. Support the environmental testing of hardware including: vibration, shock, thermal, fatigue and others as required. Document results for review by senior engineering personnel.
4. Prepare Documentation. Generate and review the technical content of drawings, engineering specifications, reports and other documentation associated with the mechanical design. Generate and present design review packages for internal and external audiences.
5. Support Continuous Improvement. Acquire a working knowledge of ES Quality System and the Mechanical Design Process. Acquire up-to-date knowledge of developments in mechanical engineering disciplines.
6. Support to Sustainment. Provide Mechanical Engineering support to products in production. Manage material issues, perform root cause assessments of discovered issues. Perform analysis as required to verify validity of proposed solutions.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred and a minimum of two (2) years work experience; or a Master's Degree.
- Eligible for Secret Clearance
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top