BAE Systems is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to be an Engineering contributor on a multi-disciplinary design team with focus in mechanical engineering for complex electro-optical (EO) imaging and laser applications. Work includes developing concepts and solutions for EO systems that meet Department of Defense customer requirements. Primary product applications include EO imaging and reconnaissance systems.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Ability to apply principles of mechanical engineering to design new concepts and solutions in product development for airborne reconnaissance and remote sensing applications, operating in harsh environmental conditions.
- Well versed in mechanical design modeling, thermal, and structural analysis.
- Proficient with mechanical modeling design tools, such as Creo/ProEngineer, Mechanical Desktop, or Solidworks.
- Proficient with other engineering tools such as Matlab, and the suite of Microsoft Office products.
- Able to provide cost and schedule estimates for planning, and provide support material for presentations and proposals.
- Strong skills in oral and written communication and the ability to present technical subjects clearly in team meetings and project reviews.
- Ability to explain key system concepts and testing protocols to other engineers and technicians with optical, mechanical, electronics, and software specialties.
- Willingness and ability to perform "hands-on" technical work in laboratory and field environments, involving electro-optical assembly, alignment, testing, and operation.
- Experience with fabrication tools such as mills, lathes, and other shop tools.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Proficient with software tools for structural, vibration, and thermal analysis.
- Experienced with designing for additive manufacturing.
- Experienced using Matlab, and optical design tools such as Zemax and Code V.
- Experience with optical systems, optical mounting designs, and military applications
- Proficient with machine shop equipment.
- Willing and able to travel domestically and/or internationally as required to meet business or customer objectives.
- Active security clearance a plus.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top