Mechanical Design Engineering Intern
The internship will be at BAE Systems Minneapolis, Minnesota. This is a paid internship; however, relocation is not being offered.
Internship opportunities area available to individuals pursuing careers in the area of mechanical design. Individuals will perform technical work applying basic engineering design, analytical theory, principles, techniques and practices for design and development of defense related product applications. Interns will receive mentoring and technical guidance from senior engineering staff.
- Support product design team senior engineering personnel in design, development, and selection of basic hardware mechanical components using fundamental mechanical engineering principles, theories and practices.
- Support product layout and detail design utilizing Pro-E.
- Perform tolerance and basic static analysis of mechanical structures. Obtain working knowledge of company standard analysis tools. Compile data for investigation by senior design personnel.
- Assist in the design and fabrication of prototype and test hardware. Support the environmental testing of hardware including vibration, shock, thermal, fatigue, and others as required. Document results for review by senior engineering personnel.
- Generate and review the technical content of drawings, engineering specifications and reports, and other documentation associated with mechanical design.
Required Skills and Education Required Education: High School/GED
Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program for Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or a related field.
Must have completed the equivalent of the Junior year of an undergraduate engineering program.
Good communication skills (verbal and written)
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
Minimum GPA of 3.0 Preferred Skills and Education Experience with Pro/Engineer (Pro/E) or equivalent Computer Aided Design (CAD) software. About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top