Mechanical Assembler 2
Assembles, disassembles and modifies mechanical systems and subassemblies by following specific instructions.
- Assembles and disassembles complex subassemblies, chassis and mechanical parts using various hand tools and torque tools.
- Reviews modification and rework instructions or discrepancy reports, engineering change orders and preliminary rework notices. Modifies or reworks mechanical assemblies by removing, repairing and replacing parts, cables or harnesses.
- Operates various power tools used in the assembly of all types of hardware as identified on the supplied parts lists.
- Performs, before shipment to the customer, paint touch-up to assemblies
- Applies adhesives
- Works from mechanical blueprints, process sheets, sketches and written or verbal instructions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Skills and Education
- Knowledge of mechanical blueprints and layout drawings.
- Ability to perform paint touch-up.
- Ability to use adhesives.
- Knowledge of mechanical rework operations.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top