Mech Tech 1
Performs a variety of Electrostatic Discharge activities including but not limited to installations of equipment, testing, and certifications. Works from design drawings, diagrams, and schematics, verbal and written instructions to test and perform ESD installations. Receives detailed instructions and equipment requirements from supervisor or engineering personnel.
- Oversees the installation and movement of a variety of ESD equipment.
- Assembles, Installs and tests a variety of ESD related equipment such as, ground blocks, constant monitors, wrist strap detectors, dissipative material, Etc.
- Works from blueprints, drawings and schematics, manufacturers' specifications and literature. Selects material and equipment for proper completion.
- Ensures that the performances of these activities are well documented on work orders and recertification/distribution lists. Maintain accurate data entry records.
- Utilizes various types of test equipment such as Multi-meters, Constant Monitor testers, and multiple Resistance test kits.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Requires a High School diploma plus one (1) year formal study in Mechanical Engineering Technology or (2) years of related experience. Good electrical, mechanical, analytical, and organizational skills. Experience with various Resistance test equipment ie: Multi-meters, Surface Resistance testers etc. Proficient in Microsoft Office and data entry. Ability to obtain a secret clearance. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. May also require specific certifications.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top