MDF Systems Engineer - Mission Data File
BAE Systems is developing systems in the Electronic Warfare (EW) with a focus on Mission Data Scenarios. Motivated and positive minded engineers familiar with or skilled in EW are needed for cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. BAE Systems is focused on enhancing operational EW capabilities for a wide variety of platforms. Constituent to the EW objectives of improving air vehicle survivability and executing suppression and destruction of enemy air defenses, BAE Systems develops technology for RF sensing, signal processing, identification, detection, and geolocation of emitters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will involve developing new Mission Data Scenarios in EW systems, both EA and ESM. This will require the candidate to learn a BAE MDF Generator tool. The candidate will be expected to understand Threat information and translate it to the Generator tool. The candidate will also perform systems engineering functions such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, performing system architecture trade studies, originating design concepts or performing systems level integration and test for highly complex systems.
Responsibilities may include:
1. Performing one of more of the following systems engineering functions:
a. Analyzes Threat characteristics for ECM / ESM System scan design for airborne platforms.
b. Analyzes and develops EA techniques to counter current and emerging threats to airborne platforms.
c. Reviews, develops and documents system level operational concepts and mission statements.
d. Develops and evaluates complex system designs and architectures.
e. Performs Threat Analysis to develop EA techniques.
f. Performs system level integration and test of EW systems.
2. Supporting proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
3. Estimating systems cost and schedules by reviewing statements of work for new and revised projects.
4. Preparing and/or delivering basic customer and technical presentations.
5. Will have outside contact with customers, other contractors and government officials. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent engineering degree with 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Active DOD Secret clearance with an SSBI performed within the last 5 years and the ability to obtain SAP/SAR and TS/SCI clearances
- Experience in analyzing threat characteristics for ECM / ESM System scan design for airborne platforms.
- Experience in developing and documenting system level operational concepts and mission statements.
- Experience in developing and evaluating complex system designs and architectures.
- Experience in performing Threat Analysis to develop EA techniques.
- Experience in system level integration and test of EW systems.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- Advanced Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top