BAE Systems Electronic Systems (ES) located in Nashua NH is looking for two Materials Engineers.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land, and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
In this role, you will support the newly formed Materials Engineering Capability Group each as the separate points of contact, one for the Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) and one for the Survivability Targeting and Sensing (STS) the business areas. This position will provide you the opportunity to support a variety of programs in all phases of development.
The individual selected for this position shall have demonstrated skills in the areas of both mechanical and materials engineering. The individual must be capable of supporting multiple projects at once, and capable of creative problem solving using a variety of skills and tools, and coordinating any needed testing through in-house and outside companies.
In this role you will be responsible for helping programs in all phases of the program life cycle. Up-front design assistance will include the selection of materials and finishes, performing material trade studies, material testing to prove out conceptual designs, and performing materials analysis such as corrosion control and fluids compatibility that will be presented to the customer. Production support will include assessing questionable materials and hardware for suitability in the field, and performing failure analysis and identifying corrective actions. Position is often treated as an in-house materials testing or failure analysis consultant. As such, a wide variety of tools and techniques may be utilized to provide results.
The selected Materials Engineer is expected to have applicable experience in the following areas:
- Selection and specification of materials, finishes, and heat treatments
- Researching and/or testing materials properties
- Hands-on laboratory experience with some or all of the following; tensile testing, SEM/EDX, hardness testing, metallurgical examination
- The formal design review process and failure review board processes
- Hands on failure analysis
- Military hardware design/production
- Industry, military, and government materials and testing specifications
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Mechanical or Materials Engineer BS with Materials Sci/Eng MS and 8+ years' experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with project team collaboration experience
- Independent investigator with creative problem solving ability
- DOD Security Clearance
- Ability to coordinate and define testing and analysis of materials in support of failure analysis or reliability assessments
- Ability to interface and work cooperatively with external and internal customers
- Experience with mechanical/materials testing such as tensile, fatigue
- Experience in mechanical and electronics failure analysis
- Direct or indirect experience with analytical tools such as SEM/EDX, FIB, AUGER, ESCA, FTIR, CT Scanning
- Familiarity with accelerated aging and reliability models such as Arrhenius, Coffin-Manson
- Active DOD Clearance - Secret or Top Secret
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top