Material Planning Coord III
Manufacturing Planner working within the Materials Department. Employee will be required to load and unload trucks while operating a forklift and do required Material Handling job duties. Employee will also need to work within the Oracle ERP system to execute shipping and receiving functions as well as managing Discrete Jobs (Factory Orders).
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a High School Diploma and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- High School/GED plus 2 years of relevant manufacturing/property/inventory experience.
- Provides production inventory control support to all site inventory activities.
- Performs inventory/GFM tasks or specific portions under specific direction of management.
- Applies BAE Systems policies and procedures to inventory control of contract and Company property.
- Performs audits with and under the direction of a senior PIC Planner or appropriate staff.
- Solves problems under direction of a senior PIC Planner or manager. Initiates corrective action requests while working within the framework of the inventory control system.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
- Material handling duties include unloading of trucks and delivering material to shop floor
- Understand site Inventory functions as they pertain to contractor acquired and government furnished property.
- General working knowledge of receiving, stores, manufacturing, shipping inventory processes, although special skills may be needed to support specific assignments.
- Ability to solve problems under direction of a senior PIC Planner or manager.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expert level proficiency with word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, database, email, and calendar software.
- Ability to research, gather, and analyze information.
- Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources into correspondence or presentation materials or reports.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to direct the work of other administrative staff.
- Ability to deal effectively with personnel at all levels, inside and outside of the organization
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top