Material Planner II
Plans, schedules, and manages the efficient movement of material; coordinates supply activities with external organizations, commands, military departments, and customers. Uses material planning software in a consistent manner and negotiates lead times with supply chain manages schedules for timely delivery. Coordinates supply activities within BAE Systems to ensure timely support in accomplishment of program requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and execution of vehicle reset, rebuild, and overhaul programs and/or vehicle de-processing, test and field modification programs;
- Planning and coordination of internal functional elements with field personnel, government commodity commands, government program management office, to provide repair and spare parts, kits, and repaired assemblies to customers; and
- Tracking and coordination of on-time delivery of spare parts orders, modification kits, and repair/return of failed assemblies from the field.
Understanding or Management of:
- Total supply and demand relationships among vehicle production, field sites, depot activities, modification orders, spare parts, and repair requirements to ensure proper allocation of program contractual requirements;
- Coordination with government agencies to resolve requisition and delivery issues;
- Requisition backlog, prioritization based on fielding schedules, field vehicle modification schedules, test, reset, rebuild, and overhaul activities; and
- Total demand and program impacts based on various allocation options.
Note: York, PA location preferred; will consider Sterling Heights, MI location
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top