Material Planner II
- Establish, review, and maintain critical material planning related data and parameters in the company’s ERP system. (primarily item master, bill of material, and routing files)
- Review and monitor supply / demand information to ensure material availability in support of production schedules – identify, communicate, and expedite potential shortages
- manage / modify order bills to ensure actual material usage supports planned yield rates for refurbished items, as well as, implementation of engineering change orders.
- Monitor and release work orders to shop, in line with production schedules.
- Monitor and coordinate material flow from inbound receipt, through delivery to production area, and movement through production processes (including key role in the planning, set-up, and execution of shop floor replenishment processes.)
- Manage all exceptions to standard material flow (rejections, rework, unplanned operations, unplanned reqs, etc) Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree, in Supply Chain Management ideal, and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Knowledge of Materials Management concepts and best practices
- Good understanding of business systems and processes
- Strong customer focus
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with ERP systems
- Results oriented; ability to perform under pressure Preferred Skills and Education -Experience with Oracle ERP systems
- APICS certification a plus About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top