- Texarkana, AR
BAE Systems is Seeking a Material Planner located at Red River Army Depot Location:
This position works under general direction and guidance of the Materials Manager/Supervisor/Sr. Planner and is responsible for all planning and scheduling of manufactured provided parts through the following systems:
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and Enterprise Resources Planning(ERP).
- Plans, schedules and manages the efficient movement of material from receiving or the warehouse to production.
- Develops raw material requirements and scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules and plans and manages material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and production.
- May use Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems.
- May negotiate lead times with suppliers and manage schedules for timely delivery.
- This position relies on experience and judgment to organize, plan and accomplish department objectives with a wide degree of creativity and latitude expected to fulfill a variety of duties.
- Oracle ERP experience, BOM experience, intermediate to advance in Excel
- Proficient knowledge of material requirements planning processes and concepts, enterprise resources planning and concepts, and capacity requirements planning processes and concepts.
- Knowledge forecasting part shortages and taking steps to minimize line stoppage by working with purchasing/expediting group.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Exceptional planning, time management and organizational skills are a must
- Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with Company personnel, customers, and suppliers
Oracle ERP experience
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top