The Material Planner works under general direction and guidance of the Materials Manager/Supervisor and is responsible for all inventory planning and scheduling of manufactured and/or subcontractor provided parts through Material Requirements Planning (MRP) to production manufacturing.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain MMAS compliance policies, safety objectives, safety stock of materials and issue codes as applicable to Production.
- Performs functions/transactions within inventory management system to match production floor activities.
- Performs analysis of data to identify root cause issues and takes proactive steps to prevent similar issues in the future.
- Maintains appropriate documents and resolves discrepancies relating to inventory material, tooling and fixtures belonging to BAE and Government Property.
- Interfaces, with limited supervision, frequently with Procurement, Quality, Government Property, Planning, Engineering Support and Manufacturing as well as other LOB plant personnel to acquire components and clear up discrepancies.
- Prevents anticipated shortages by conducting shortage report meetings for parts needed in respective work areas with other LOB areas.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Proficient Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Detailed Analytical skills
- Strategic Problem Solving skills
- Time Management/multi-tasking
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Good planning, time management , multitasking and organization skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating, and negotiating with Company personnel, customers, and suppliers.
- Ability to use computers to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
- Proficiency in use of word processing, spreadsheet, and database development programs (such as Word, Excel, Business Objects, and Access).
- Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to develop/demonstrate research and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with internal and external customers
ERP System Experience (Oracle, SAP, Other)
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top