Material handling/Spec Crane operatior
P ossess a strong understanding of inventory control and material handling functions. Performs the receipt, storing and issuing of Government and Company owned inventory. Utilizes various types of material handling equipment to safely transport, store and issue material. Researches and resolves issues associated with various inventory activities. Assures a high degree of inventory accuracy is maintained through accurate storing and issuing of inventory and timely and accurate computer transaction input.
Required Skills and Education
- Current Crane Operators Certification (greater than 10,000 lbs.)
- Successful completion of mandatory fork lift training and possession of a valid driver's license.
- Basic understanding of inventory control principles and various material handling functions.
- Understands and accurately inputs computer transactions associated with inventory management.
- Basic Excel and Email knowledge.
- Ability to consistently count accurately.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment used to move and transport material of all types and sizes, including a forklift with 10,000 lb. capacity.
- Must be able to stand for long periods, stoop, bend, reach, climb, and walk substantial distances and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Capable of rigging cables, chains, or other equipment when moving heavy and cumbersome equipment. Must be proficient with hand signals associated with the rigging trade).
- Capable of performing packaging and crating functions associated with a shipping function specializing in complex defense products. Requires basic carpentry skills.
- Capable of safely operating bridge cranes, mobile cranes and various other equipment including forklifts with capacity > 10,000 lbs.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top