Material Control Specialist
The BAE York site is currrently seeking a Material Control Specialist on 2nd shift.
The primary duties of this position are as follows:
Operates various types of mobile equipment. Receives, stores, inventories, expedites, checks in, issues, delivers, transports, loads, and unloads machinery and material (i.e. parts, supplies, assemblies and subassemblies). Completes and files appropriate documents as required.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Various types of tools and equipment such as material handling equipment (i.e. forklift, drexel and mules), jib and overhead cranes (pendulum and radio controlled) and hand trucks. Hand tools such as Johnson bars, crow bars, nail pullers, hammers, banding, wrenches, pliers, chains, tape measures, step ladders, pens, pencils, paper, paint and paint sticks, personal computers or other data collection devices (i.e. bar-code).
Government and customer furnished, purchased and plant produced parts/subassembies/assemblies such as various raw materials, casting, hardware, lumber, crates and skids. Other materials such as low pressure gas (i.e. propane), diesel fuel, housekeeping and office supplies, printed forms, tags and markers.
Typical Education & Experience
High School Diploma or GED
2 years of related experience
Required Skills and Education
This positions will require the following duties:
- Receives instructions and work orders from Process Supervisor, Assistant. Process Supervisor, Lead Person or Self-Directed Work Team.
- Handles material and/or machinery to and from proper locations, using jib or overhead cranes or other material handling equipment, as required.
- Refers to appropriate documents or devices (i.e. data collection device, packing list, bill of lading, part lists and drawings).
- Issues, expedites, inventories, receives, counts, stores, checks and properly identifies materials to assure continuity of operations.
- Completes and/or files documents (i.e. move tickets, shortage reports, unplanned issues). Uses personal computer or other data collection devices to check or record data as required.
- Checks and documents operating condition of material handling equipment as required. Fills powered mobile equipment with appropriate fluids (i.e. gas, water and oil) as required.
- Prior to transporting, removes snow from material and protects material in inclement weather when required.
- Reports damaged tools, equipment and materials to appropriate supervisor.
- Keeps work area safe and clean.
Experience operating forklifts
Order picking experience
Experience operating hand-jacks
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top