Master Scheduler/Demand Planner
BAE Systems Inc., Manassas VA requires a Sr. Master Scheduler to support the Space Systems line of business for the Electronic Systems sector. An industry leader for its suite of radiation hardened products Space Systems leverages decades of expertise to build a robust and growing product line. BAE Systems Space products can be found present on almost all of commercial, civil and national security space missions for the past 20 years; including GPS, weather monitoring, satellite TV and radio, exploring the universe; most notably the Mars rovers and missions to protect those who protect us. From semiconductor components to ASICS to Circuit Card Assemblies and Sub-Systems, our products are ubiquitous throughout Earth's orbit and beyond.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Sr. Master Scheduler is responsible for providing Scheduling leadership and support to the Manassas VA, Manufacturing and other BAE Manufacturing across an broad array of technologies. The position prepares plans and schedules for new or existing programs. Determines, monitors, and reviews manpower requirements. Analyzes effects of projects upon various areas such as Engineering, Facilities, and labor pool to determine the most practical and cost-efficient methods to obtain the required resources. Formulates and recommends corrective action measures such as schedule revisions, manpower adjustments, funds allocations, and work requirements.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Prepares and coordinates the release to Operations of new contractual awards or modifications. This includes working with all functional stakeholders within Operations as well as different functions within Engineering, Program Management, and others.
- Develops and manages the Master Demand Schedule(MDS) to execute program commitments. Employee will have to continually evaluate how the MDS schedule affects all elements within Operations including; Procurement, Supply Chain Planning, Manufacturing, etc.
- Lead discussions surrounding capacity planning with various functional resources.
- Determines and works through Sourcing decisions with the Operations team on feeder factory placement.
- Develops detailed forecasting plans in an effort to provide an enhanced look at capacity planning for the business and support other Operational strategies (Rough Cut Capacity Planning).
- Partner with Tech-Ops and Supply chain planning to determine correct methodization structure with building product.
- Maintain ERP planning parameters such as lead times, lot sizes, fixed days supply, and safety stocks.
- Act as a MRP subject matter expert to support the supply chain planning team through issues.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of work experience in Master Scheduling, Demand Planning, or Supply Chain Planning; in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- Proficient expertise is Enterprise resource planning tools, configuration management systems (PDM), inventory, tools and processes, Excellent background in data analytics to support positions and devise Operational strategies and solutions to problems
- Ability to interface and influence a wide array of stakeholders across Operations, and other functions
- Product Forecasting experience a plus
- Advanced data analytic skills to aid in supporting complex MRP problems, and data derived decisions
- Demonstrated history of contributing and adding value towards metric driven
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top