Senior principle planner position. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process to ensure the master production schedule satisfies the business requirements.
- Create a Master Production Schedule that satisfies customer demand while maintaining optimum resource utilization that levels capacity, labor and material requirements.
- Balance current and future customer demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure successful completion of customer requirements.
- Identify and inform management of capacity constraints and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Optimize and maintain the scheduling system by the coordination of updating information and system parameters, as needed, such as planning calendar's, lead times, time fences, lot sizes, safety stock, etc.
- Provide analysis for on-time delivery, capacity, and planning, production constraints and their proposed solutions.
- Foster, drive, promote, or participate in continual communications with manufacturing, sales, and supply chain teams. Inform all stakeholders of potential problems, opportunities and recommend alternatives related to forecasted and non-forecasted orders
- Drive to connect analytic insights to decision and action. Partner with stakeholders on the development and implementation of projects that improve overall scheduling.
Manage data and prepare reports as need to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal supply chain execution.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Experience in master scheduling or materials management, production activity control/capacity planning, MRP and scheduling related functions.
Well versed in the use of Material Resources Planning/Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
Full knowledge of material planning systems requirements and order generation process logic.
Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, etc.
Very strong analytical capabilities; proficient in MS Excel data analysis.
Capable of root cause analysis using - 5 whys, Pareto charts, etc.
Good understanding of key metrics - planned/schedule attainment, fill rate, etc.
Working knowledge of business financials and the impact of MPS/demand changes.
Ability to present data for review and decision making by management.
- Strong leadership skills
- Successful track record in a lead planning role
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Work well in high pressure situations
- Extensive Process Management capabilities
Preferred Skills and Education
- Oracle 11i experience
- APICS CPIM certification is a plus
- Experience with planning in the defense industry
- Lean/Six Sigma certification/training
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top