Master Project Scheduler / Planning Analyst
BAE Systems is looking for a Master Project Scheduler / Program Planning Analyst to develop and maintain integrated master schedules for multiple multi-million dollar Department of Defense construction projects.
Primary responsibility will be developing and maintaining Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) for various modernization construction projects. The analyst will also conduct project reviews in order to identify risks and to aid in coordination of overall execution. The Program Planning Analyst (Master Scheduler) will be an integral project team member and must effectively communicate scheduling issues in a timely manner.
Specific duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
1. Develop general project scheduling plans that are aligned and traceable to the project Statement of Work.
2. Work with project teams to develop, integrate, and maintain project schedules that may include subcontractor schedules.
3. Develop and maintain IMS plans that are compliant with industry, DoD, and DCMA quality standards assigned projects in upper management meetings and in customer briefings/presentations.
4. Management Meetings: Take part in schedule and risk discussions for all assigned projects in upper management meetings and in customer briefings/presentations.
5. Projects Monitoring: Work with project teams to monitor all projects with regard to scheduling and sequencing of planned activities. Candidate will also be responsible for the tracking of a recovery plan if the program falls behind the schedule baseline.
6. Communicate summaries and recommendations to the Program Director – Modernization based on project assessments.
7. Foresees difficulties and reacts to communicate and avoid misunderstanding.
8. Sequences and schedules the project work elements and determine the resources required for each work element.
Other duties may include but not limited to:
o Variance Analysis
o Task sequencing
o Conduct and present IMS health metrics
o Risks/Opportunities Management
o Engineering resource planning / scheduling
o Construction Progress / Construction Monitoring
o Packaging information for distribution to various audiences
o Project Reporting. Provides regular reports to the Program Director on all projects he/she is responsible for.
o Solves complex technical problems by providing leadership for developing project plans and their implementation.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree or six additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
Eight years relevant experience in developing and maintaining large complex integrated schedules for multimillion dollar programs / projects with multiple sub-projects
Proficient in Microsoft Project or Primavera P6
Knowledgeable with industry standard schedule health metrics such as the DCMA 14-point check Preferred Skills and Education Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) by the Project Management Institute (PMI) or Scheduling Profession PMI-SP or equivalent
Department of Defense project management / program management preferred
Earned Value Management understanding / experience preferred
Bachelor’s degree preferred About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top