- Jacksonville, FL
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability desired.
The individual must have working knowledge of procedures, strong mechanical aptitude and ability, and be able to follow directions. The individual must have a thorough knowledge of equipment used in surface preparation and coating application operations. The individual must demonstrate ability to interpret job specifications, instruction manuals, and manufacturer's handbooks. The individual must have thorough knowledge of the application and operation of equipment used in surface preparation and coating operations at BAE Systems.
Must be able to follow directions and work with limited supervision. Must be willing to work with and train subordinates.
Must comply with Company safety rules and OSHA standards. Must handle hazardous materials/waste in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and in accordance with procedures.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Follows directions under intermittent supervision.
Ability to set-up and operate pressure wash equipment.
Ability to safely pressure wash.
Mixing and thinning all types of coatings as directed.
Familiar with NESHAP requirements.
Familiar with Hazardous Waste handling requirements.
Ability to maintain housekeeping of work site.
Familiar with transportation requirements.
Ability to work any assigned shift and the ability to work assigned overtime.
Creates and maintains a hazard free work space
Must complete introductory and annual Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Hazardous Waste training.
May be assigned tasks outside of craft as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
(3 years of experience) Must complete practical demonstration of skills listed above.
Must be able to obtain DBIDS Access Card.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Must be able to tour all vessels, piers, docks and work sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
Specific requirements include the following:
1. Lift/push/pull 50 lbs to 100 lbs on an occasional basis (0-33% of the day).
2. Lift/push/pull up to 20 lbs on a frequent basis (34-66% of the day).
3. Demonstrate the ability to bend, squat, crouch, crawl and kneel.
4. Demonstrate the ability to climb in a safe manner (climbing, includes stairs, scaffolding, ladders and
5. Perform prolonged standing (2-3 hours).
6. Able to work at a variety of levels (ex. Waist, eye, above head).
7. Demonstrate the ability to safely and appropriately use required tools and equipment.
8. Demonstrate good balance while working on uneven surfaces and maneuvering obstacles.
9. Possess sufficient handgrip and coordination to carry and operate tools and equipment.
10. Ability to utilize personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles,
respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.) safely per OSHA standards.
11. Ability to withstand extreme temperatures (cold and hot).
12. Ability to enter 18" x 36" openings and work in confined spaces for prolonged periods of time (33-
66% of the day).
13. Able to respond to verbal and audible sounds/commands.
14. Able to utilize adequate visual skills.
15. Ability to work at heights above 12' while working from ladders, scaffolding and/or manlifts.
16. Ability to fully extend the arm while reaching overhead, reaching out, reaching to the side and
17. Ability to perceive attributes of an object/material such as size, shape, temperature and texture by
means of receptors in the hands and fingers.
18. Ability to turn head from side to side and about on the vertical axis.
19. Ability to turn body at the waist from side to side and about the vertical axis.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
SSPC certifications, C7, C12, C13, C14 or CAS II preferred but not required for this position level.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top