As a Manufacturing Engineer with BAE Systems, you will support the deployment of Lean Manufacturing Methods to improve the current production process through the introduction of improved methods and the identification and elimination of waste. You will also conceive, test and validate improvements to the manufacturing process through the use of simulation software.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Understand plant production capacity and improved machine capacity through downtime reduction using techniques such as SMED.
- Understand and utilize Lean Methods such as one-piece flow, visual communication, 5S, Kaizen, Kanban, Standard Work, point of use storage, kitting, demand pull manufacturing and value stream mapping.
- Use Lean and Simulation to drive changes to the present plant layout and be capable of executing those plant changes.
- Maintain the current facility production layout, understand line balancing, and have experience working on a factory floor in a manufacturing environment.
- Assist in the preparation of material, machine and labor cost estimates for new sales opportunities. Recommend product design changes to improve its manufacturability.
- Use simulation software to model real manufacturing environments and to identify bottlenecks, test manufacturing improvements, layouts and other methods changes. Model new manufacturing scenarios to determine their equipment, space, manning and other requirements. Use simulation modeling to understand process capacity limits and constraints.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top