Manufacturing Production Controller 1
Supports the manufacturing process by performing kit release, material support, and documentation maintenance activities within production and engineering lab environments to assure that required supplies support manufacturing schedules and Operations’ commitments on engineering and production programs.
- Maintains job progress, status records and notifies supervisor of impending delays or serious difficulties affecting commitments.
- Responds to material shortages due to lost, damaged or defective material in order to prevent work stoppages in area of responsibility.
- Maintains accurate records by updating applicable systems which provide regular reports on the status of product to the Supply Chain Planner.
- Assists in the maintenance of floor inventory and works to resolve issues when required.
- Ensures that engineering change orders affecting parts and material are incorporated into products by effective date.
- Utilizes mainframe applications such as Oracle, DSS, SFW, PDM and TIPQA to perform daily tasks.
- Actively participates in cycle count activities in the factory.
- Actively participates in the establishment of Point of Use Material in the factory.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Skills and Education
Requires a High School education or equivalent and two (2) years related experience in material/production or configuration control environment. Ability to lift and move materials weighing up to fifty pounds (50 lbs.). Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Preferred Skills and Education Knowledge of Oracle, DSS, SFW, PDM and TIPQA a plus.
Knowledge of Backflushing / Point of Use / Min-Max – Inventory management methods.
Valid Driver’s License About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top