Manufacturing / Process Engineer
The York, Pennsylvania Combat Vehicles site of BAE Systems is seeking a Manufacturing / Process Engineer. This position is on 1st Shift but may occasionally support on the off-shift (2nd or 3rd).
The Manufacturing / Process Engineer:
- Creates, plans, and performs complex engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test and/or product assurance tasks for a portion of a project or may lead these activities for a smaller project.
- Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements.
- Applies wide range of engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to a complex portion of a technical project.
- Primarily supports in manufacturing particularly in manual drill operations using both hand tools, magnetic drills and self feed air drills.
- Applies broad knowledge of the design of organization's products, technology, systems interactions to solve complex engineering problems which have not been clearly defined and may not have similar precedents available.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- Delivers technical presentations.
- Performs technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results to solve complex engineering problems, using specialized equipment, and/or by creating or using computer programs, models, or simulations.
- Prepares and presents project technical results, recommendations, and solutions to internal and external customers.
- Provides input and status to project leaders on technical content, cost, schedule, and workload requirements.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers to resolve complex technical problems and implement solutions.
- Provides technical review and guidance to other engineers in area of expertise.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
- Advises management on new development and programs.
- May direct the work of less senior technical personnel.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies and rules.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
The ideal candidate will have:
- Working knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a relevant technical field of specialization such as Manufacturing, Mechanical, Welding, or Process Engineering;
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines;
- The ability to solve moderately complex technical design and development problems that require a professional level of engineering knowledge;
- Knowledge of metallurgy, material weld capability, weld automation, as well as manual machining processes;
- Moderate knowledge of non-destructive testing (NDT) methods;
- The ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve moderately complex technical problems.
- Certification with AWS as a CWI or other relevant certification is desirable;
- Ability to use CAD models / software to solve complex problems greatly beneficial;
- Experience working in a military / DOD environment a plus.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top