Manufacturing Paint Finishing Specialist
- Works independently from blueprints and process sheets to develop painting processes, applications and techniques where tolerances are measured in terms of thickness and are difficult to meet. Often works with rough sketches and/or engineering personnel to determine and calculate experimental procedures.
- Determines the type of finish, quantity and color to be utilized in conformance with military specifications. Selects proper method, equipment and tools to complete task.
- Ensures proper surface masking and preparation, mixing epoxies and solvents to appropriate ratios by weight, volume or viscosity, incorporating a knowledge of scales and weights and how substances interact.
- Mixes and applies a wide variety of paint finishes such as acrylic, enamel, lacquer, duco, wrinkle and both urethane and plastic-based products to specific colors, consistencies and viscosities requiring a thorough knowledge and understanding of their qualities in order to experiment with and achieve desired effect.
- Tests drying, curing and baking times for unusual finishes. Adjusts temperatures according to atmospheric conditions, finish requirements and experimental bake times.
- Regulates spray gun and ventilates spray booth according to temperature and humidity requirements. Calculates requirements if methods are being tested.
- May utilize a silk-screening method transferring images from screen to metal using various techniques and a variety of mixed inks. Pays close attention to controlling atmospheric impact to ensure quality graphics transfer.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and five (5) years experience in a manufacturing paint shop Required Skills and Education
Must be able to complete respirator fit qualification.
50lbs lift requirement
Thorough understanding of OSHA requirements, which include chemical handling and MSD
IPC 610 certification
Overtime may be required
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top