- Overall responsibility for the management, planning and leadership of the manufacturing operations of the company.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing activities through production supervisors to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations.
- Develops and maintains manufacturing operations business plans to include all program requirements, labor hours, cycle times, and production costs.
- Establishes production standards, develops budget and cost controls. Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Provides guidance to the development of the manufacturing process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, facility needs, tooling and equipment needs.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities with all other functions of the organization to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment.
- Reviews production reports and directs resolution of operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum cost and prevent operational delays.
- Reinforces and maintains compliance to company health, safety, and environmental programs, policies, and procedures.
- Manages both high volume manufacturing along side of low volume, highly technical and complex electronic assemblies, prototype and process development.
- Prepares long range plans and business strategies for manufacturing.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Minimum of 15 years experience managing electronics manufacturing, including assembly and test.
- Experience includes managing a mid-sized group of 40 – 50 personnel.
- Solid background in quality systems and electronics assembly and test processes.
- A strong leader who is able to develop, teach, and guide the organization.
- Strong organizational skills, solid interpersonal skills, effective problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify opportunities to improve performance, develop targets and action plans and lead an organization to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively manage operations with excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills. Solid working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Results driven, analytical, self motivated, detail oriented with ability to logically identify alternate solutions or approaches to complex problems.
- Exceptional skills in team building, conflict management, and employee counseling.
- Maintenance of operations critical metrics and team leadership in Lean Manufacturing environments.
Preferred Skills and Education
BS in a related field
- Experience in medical/dental device manufacturing a plus.
- Experience with NetSuite ERP a plus.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top