Manufacturing Engineering Manager
BAE Systems is seeking an Experienced Engineering Manager for our Anniston, AL location. The Manager of Engineering directs, leads and manages all aspects of manufacturing engineering through development, production, operational support and upgrade throughout the life of the product. You will manage multiple engineering disciplines encompassing mechanical, electrical, electronics, software and/or systems engineers as required to meet or exceed target cost.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement target cost plans to achieve and sustain part profitability.
- Develop cost, schedule and quality control plans, and define scope of work to organize, authorize, and measure engineering performance. Establish technical objectives, priorities, and approach to achieve and sustain cost targets.
- Manages activities of key functional personnel assigned to project who support technical development of the product including Configuration Management, Metallurgist, Floor Support Engineers, Industrial Engineering and Automation Engineers.
- Work closely with customer to understand specified and implied requirements to deliver product that provides best value. Involve Operations, suppliers, Quality, ILS and other specialty groups in establishing system design requirements and implementing their inputs into the final product including DFMEA, PFMEA and Control Plans.
- Ensures quality of products being delivered including technical data package, contract data items, reports, plans, hardware, software, and other products required by contract. Also responsible for producibility of designs and transition to production activities.
- Provide technical management of subcontractors and major suppliers defining scope of work, specifications, and other requirements to fulfill contract.
- Manage day-to-day activities of engineering group and assure coordination between other functions such as Programs, Materials, Quality and Operations.
Required Skills and Education
- Must have a bachelor's degree in engineering and at least 5 years technical management experience.
- Must have experience in the heavy manufacturing / machining industry.
- Ability to communicate with high-ranking internal and external individuals, including BAE Systems customers.
- Must have knowledge of trends in manufacturing and machining industry, what competitors are doing, and knowledge of the division's business, strategy, and future plans. Develops and applies knowledge of customer's needs and coordinates BAE Systems resources to meet customer needs. Directs proposal activity in pursuit of new business.
- Must have demonstrated capability to manage large engineering programs through subordinate levels.
- Is able to evaluate and solve complex technical and business problems working with direct reports, program management and others who require extensive investigation and analysis.
- Experience with lean manufacturing.
- Experience working in a union environment.
- Experience in DOD/Defense Contracting.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 11 or more years engineering experience.
Back to top