Manufacturing Engineering Intern III (Class of 2019)
Electronic Systems in Endicott, NY is seeking candidates for 2018 manufacturing engineering summer internships supporting all aspects of the Operations function in Endicott, NY. At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services.
Opportunities exist supporting a variety of efforts across the Operations aspects of our two business sectors, Controls and Avionics Solutions, and Power and Propulsion Solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities may include:
- Support assemblers, technicians and inspectors for manufacturing issues on new and existing products.
- Support projects related to supply chain and procurement strategies.
- Develop and implement material and shop supply stocking strategies.
- Utilize statistical process control techniques to aid in defect reduction.
- Assist the manufacturing engineering team in bringing new assembly equipment online
- Develop work instructions to support production build.
- Obtain working knowledge of company tools. Perform analyses and compile data for investigation by senior engineering personnel.
- Develop or improve test fixtures, tooling, manufacturing processes and other procedures for new and existing product builds to reduce defects and improve yields.
- Participate in and document corrective action requests using 9 Step problem solving methodology.
- Participate as a member of a six sigma greenbelt or blackbelt project team.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Internships at BAE Systems feature additional opportunities including:
- Networking with BAE Systems employees and interns.
- Participation in a summer-long non-technical intern project, in addition to engineering assignment.
- Informational sessions on a variety of topics exclusively for interns.
• Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
• Ability to close on discrete tasking in a timely manner.
• Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Pursuing a BS Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or similar, having completed three years of schooling (Class of 2019) by Summer 2018. Candidates should have a specific interest in the application of engineering skills in a production environment.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top