Manufacturing Engineer (Weekend Shift)
The BAE Systems site in York, Pennsylvania supporting Combat Vehicles is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to support its weekend shift. In this role, the ME provides engineering and technical support for welding and manual machining operations in the fabrication and manufacture of products for weekend production coverage.
The ME is responsible for researching, developing, and improving manufacturing processes, methods, and systems for products, facilities, fixtures, tooling, equipment, and/or materials. Additional responsibilities may include researching and providing recommendations for weld equipment and identifying limitations and capabilities. Developing and testing work methods and procedures, ensuring performance and quality of materials, products, and machines meet specifications and standards. The ME ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
Please note: This position requires support for the Friday-Saturday-Sunday shift. The shift is three (3) days a week, twelve (12) hours/day. Training commences on the 1st Shift, Monday-Friday for up to several weeks.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Working knowledge of fundamental engineering concepts, practices, and procedures of a relevant technical field of specialization.
- Knowledge of metallurgy, material weld capability, weld automation, as well as manual machining processes.
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines.
- Ability to solve moderately complex technical design and development problems that require a professional level of engineering knowledge.
- Moderate knowledge of non-destructive testing (NDT) methods.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to support, develop, and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers to solve moderately complex technical problems.
- Familiarity with relevant military and commercial design standards highly beneficial.
- Certification with AWS as a CWI or other relevant certification is desirable.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top