Manufacturing Engineer II: Assembly/Paint & Processing
The BAE Systems site in Anniston, Alabama supporting Combat Vehicles is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer II for Assembly/Paint & Processing. In this role, the Manufacturing Engineer provides technical support to manufacturing and related functions specific to both vehicle assembly and test operations and painting operations of the Chemical Agent Resistive Coating (CARC) Paint and Media Blast Facilities. The engineer researches, develops, and improves manufacturing processes, methods, and systems for products, facilities, fixtures, tooling, equipment, and/or materials. Develops and tests work methods and procedures ensuring performance and quality of materials, products, and machines meet specifications and standards. Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
- Supports daily operations required to accomplish a wide variety of tasks related to both assembly and test of military tracked vehicles and the preparation and painting of combat equipment to military standards.
- Creates, plans, and performs engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test, and/or product assurance tasks of moderate complexity for assigned portions of a project. Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements.
- Applies engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques and practices to a portion of a technical project.
- Utilizes basic knowledge of the design of the organization's products and technology to solve moderately complex and clearly defined engineering problems. Selects the best method or process from among several existing alternatives.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations. May deliver technical presentations.
- Performs technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results to solve moderately complex engineering problems using specialized equipment and/or by computer programs.
- Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
- Provides input to project leaders for the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Experience in root cause/corrective action / preventive action;
- Hands-on floor support experience, working with shop employees;
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance;
- Possess effective communication skills;
- Must be familiar with the use and maintenance of full face, continuous flow, respirator, and ventilation systems.
- Spray paint processes of military or commercial vehicles and equipment;
- Commercial blast room equipment and bead blasting of military or commercial vehicles;
- Gage and equipment calibration and control ISO 9001-2008;
- Previous experience working in a collaborative, team based environment;
- Lean manufacturing experience;
- SSPC (The Society for Protective Coatings) certification;
- Corrosion/corrosion mitigation training or experience.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top