Manufacturing Engineer II
- Austin, TX
BAE Systems is experiencing continued growth in our Electro-optic, Infrared, and precision guidance markets and we are seeking experienced, highly motivated Manufacturing Engineers to join our team . The candidate would support local factory builds, guidance, and instruction to operators in support of manufacturing our electronic warfare systems.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys working with a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges working with leading edge technology intended to protect our warfighter, then we are interested in hearing from you!
Must demonstrate strong technical aptitude, communication skills and leadership skills and be able to work cross-functionally within the operations organization and with other discipline/functions. Must be able to lead small to mid-sized multidisciplinary industrial engineering teams through one or more phases of the hardware product lifecycle, including design, development, inte gration, test, transition to production and/or sustainment.
This position may include the following activities:
- Perform manufacturing support activities using technical knowledge of generally used assembly practices ensuring the achievement of performance within cost and schedule requirements.
- Interface with Engineering, Quality and other supporting functions to drive defect resolution to root cause.
- Generate and implement improvements in product and test design and methodologies to reduce cost, increase yield, and improve throughput.
- Support/Lead factory continuous improvement activities and projects.
- Generate and review the technical content of test procedures, drawings, engineering specifications, reports, Engineering Change Orders, and other documentation.
- Interface with governmental customers, auditors, and suppliers as required.
- Provide training and support to manufacturing personnel.
- Create and maintain production routes for material moving through the factory.
- Support relocation of manufacturing equipment between sites and lead transition to production.
- Support Root Cause and Corrective Action activities.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Skills and Education
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision and demonstrate leadership necessary to support the manufacturing team.
- Ability to present and clearly communicate data to peers, management, and customers.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- 2-5 years experience
Preferred Skills and Education
- Lean Manufacturing
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Performs Preliminary Material Review/Material Review Board (PMR/MRB) for the disposition of discrepant material
- Root Cause and Corrective Action methodology
- IPC-A-610 / IPC-A-620 / J-STD-001
- Creation of routings and work instructions
- Troubleshooting electronic circuits or mechanical assemblies
- Development of software tools
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top