Manufacturing Engineer I: Vehicle Testing
The BAE Systems site in York, Pennsylvania supporting Combat Vehicles is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer I: Vehicle Testing for it's 2nd Shift. In this role, the Engineer provides technical support to manufacturing on a variety of technical tasks in an automotive garage, testing environment. Supports production, business, and other processes in team-based manufacturing. Performs activities in a variety of cross-functional areas including production planning and control, total quality management, systems, manufacturing, equipment and facilities engineering, material management, and process re-engineering. May interact with internal and external customers with respect to product planning, problem resolution, and process improvement.
- Applies basic knowledge of the design of organization's products and technology to solve moderately complex and clearly defined engineering problems. Selects the best method or process from among several existing alternatives.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations. May deliver technical presentations.
- Performs technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results to solve moderately complex engineering problems using specialized equipment and/or by computer programs.
- Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
- Provides input to project leaders for the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Applies basic lean/six sigma principals to drive improvements to production processes.
- Interacts with employees located at multiple facilities across the country.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree in a technical or engineering discipline or the overall equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Work experience with engine testing/troubleshooting, particularly with diesel;
- Experience working as an automotive mechanic;
- Hands-on floor support experience, working with shop employees;
- Experience in root cause/corrective action- preventive action;
- Computer proficient including in MS Office Suite and related engineering software.
- Experience with military vehicles
- Welding experience
- Experience working in a collaborative, team based environment
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Integration and Test Experience
- Electrical system testing/troubleshooting
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top